Saturday, February 6, 2010

Joseph Pulitzer Krauter


Today was Joey's last day.

My heart breaks all over again as I write this, and I thought I needed to wait and write just the right words when the tears stopped. But I owe the little guy -- my Joseph Pulitzer Krauter -- so much. Amazing companion, always there for me. And he loved camping out in the newsroom, both here in Bradenton and in my Star-Telegram haunt in Bedford, Texas.

My little miracle. He beat the odds and celebrated his 15th birthday, another Christmas, another New Year's... and tonight he's romping with Scout and Max McGee.

Here's to our Joey.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember the good times, because there were so many! You - both of you - were and are blessed.

Anonymous said...

Know that in these moments, which turn to days and then years, you made a difference in the life of this animal and this animal made a difference in your life. Your sadness today will bring you much comfort in the future.

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your loss. Joey was a lucky pooch to have such a great mommy.

Anonymous said...

time will help heal. thanks for sharing.

Kathy said...

Joey was a good man. We loved him in Texas. And he had a good momma, too. Vetter

Unknown said...

Joey was an astonisher and we will miss him. So sorry for the loss.

Unknown said...

This street of love was wide and two-way. So sorry to hear the sad news.

Anonymous said...

Believe in the Rainbow Bridge, and you'll find strength.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear of your loss. We will be putting down ours soon. A dear friend who always had a smile (or wagging tail) when I came home, always faithful, and forgave easily.

Richard Dalton