Wednesday, October 5, 2011
We pitted dogs against cats for the past week -- and the dogs won, paws down.
Each week, the Bradenton Herald posts a photo gallery with images of the new cats and dogs held at Manatee County Animal Services that must find a new home. And those galleries draw a lot of traffic.
So which is more popular? We separated the dogs from the cats in these two galleries for a week to see.
Cats available for adoption
Dogs available for adoption
Bradenton.com viewers weighed in by the thousands on both galleries. But the competition wasn't even close: Our barking friends garnered 71 percent of the page views, leaving their meowing pals with only 29 percent of your cherished clicks.
In the name of all dog lovers, Bradenton.com is donating $50 to help Manatee County Animal Services. (And we won't complain if that goes toward a bit of catnip, too.)
Posted by Joan Krauter at 11:28 AM