Sunday, December 9, 2007

Talking stocks: Our latest blog

You’re probably beginning to think I’m blogging only to send you to other Herald blogs. Hey, I figure we’re all in this together -– why not tout my fellow bloggers!

So here's the latest. We’ve launched a blog on our Business home page:
Taking Stock, by business reporter Brian Neill. Here’s Brian's introduction:

A lot of guys like to spend hours talking about sports. Not me. I'd rather talk stocks. Taking Stock is a place to do just that. I want to hear about your proudest picks and your lousiest laggards. And I'll be sharing mine with you as well, in addition to talking about the overall market in general.

Taking Stock is not investment advice and should not be construed as such. It is a forum for stock market and investing enthusiasts. Any stocks or strategies mentioned by myself or other posters are not to be considered endorsements. You can, and quite possibly will, lose money.


He has even picked a fictitious portfolio, which we’ll track each week and report how it did every Monday -– both in the Herald’s print editions and here online. (A tease: Brian had some impressive gains last week!)

Check out Taking Stock first thing Monday morning. This week, Brian blogs on locking in gains on stocks: when to hold 'em, when to fold 'em.

Among the do's: Sell any losing position if it's 8 percent below your buy point. The stock publication also recommends selling some of your shares to capture gains once you've profited 20 percent or more in a holding.

Or not. You decide. But I guarantee Taking Stock will give you something to think about.

Joan

No comments: