Sunday, November 30, 2008

Coupons, bargain blogging and tips to save

I'll admit it right up front here: I'm a coupon fanatic. If I don't save 20 percent on my weekly grocery shopping trip, I'm bummed.

So when I read Herald reporter Donna Wright's report on coupon experts, I was humbled. These folks have it down to a fine art. And what better timing than now, when the top of everyone's conversation is how to save in these tough economic times. If you missed it in today's Bradenton Herald, here it is online. This link also takes you to Herald photographer Paul Videla's video, "A 9-minute lesson in couponing."

The Bowers have some great tips.

We also launched a new blog, Bargain Blogger, where Herald employees will explore the best money-saving tips with you in the days ahead.

Today's Sunday Herald doesn't have the typical grocery inserts printed by Newsamerica and Valassis because it's a major holiday weekend. Instead, there are plenty of local vendor coupons, thanks to our advertising department's blitz. Check out pages 6B & 7B in the local section.

Happy shopping.

Joan

No comments: