Sunday, March 8, 2009

Good morning, your clocks have changed

The sun came up later, but morning came earlier...

Despite all the reminders -- including Page 1A teasers in the Bradenton Herald -- I forgot to change my clocks for Daylight Saving Time. No matter. Thanks to Bright House, Verizon and other techno wizards, my cell phone, Blackberry, TV and computers all sprang forward without me.

We closed out the newspaper a half-hour early last night to split the difference of that lost hour with delivery time. So you might need to find some late scores here online.

Our newsroom tends to gravitate toward night owls, so longer days that start later are welcome. For me, it means a chance to actually catch a sunset off Bean Point sometime soon.

Right now, though, I'd gladly barter with someone for that lost hour of sleep...

Joan

No comments: